Packet tracer 5.3 version introduced new protocol support and enhanced functionalities :
- VOIP : Call Manager Express (CME) enabled on 2811 router.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) – limited implementation that allows for a more realistic representation of the Internet for scenarios
- Wireless : Improved LinksysTM WRT-300N router and WEP security algorithm support.
- Cable and DSL devices enhancements
- FTP server and client. FTP client on router and switches.
- Email server and client (SMTP and POP3)
- Generic IP end devices (servers, printers, VOIP device, phone, wireless tablet, ...) to create more versatility in device creation
- Activity Wizard Initial Tree enhancements (more scenario variations allowed).