What's new in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3 ?
Packet Tracer 7.3 main new feature is the support of the CCNA 7 package which is not compatible with previous Packet Tracer versions. For CCNA 6 (and older versions), Cisco recommends instructors and students to stay with Packet Tracer 7.2.2. Students learning both CCNA 6 and 7 should use Packet Tracer 7.3.0.
Packet Tracer 7.3 workspace improvements :
- New workspace themes
- Aligned workspace objects
- Ability to deploy network devices to a specific rack
- Accessibility update
- Ability to name a physical rack
Protocol and software improvements :
- IP OSPF Point-to-Point on Ethernet interface
- IPv6 OSPF Point-to-Point on Ethernet interface
- Dynamic ARP inspection
- WLC GUI fixes and enhancements
- DHCP snooping fixes and enhancements
- Section output modifier for show commands
- Accessibility, security, and usability enhancements and optimizations for all platforms
- Upgraded PTSA and PTMO support
- Various enhancements to existing protocols
New devices in Packet Tracer 7.3 :
- Cisco 4331 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco Wireless Lan Controller 3504
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3 added support for Ubuntu 18.04.3 (Bionic Weaver). Previous Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) version which is no longer supported.
New devices in Packet Tracer 7.3
Cisco 4331 Integrated Services Router
Cisco Wireless Lan Controller 3504
Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3
Packet Tracer 7.3 setup on Ubuntu linux distribution
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3 .deb package for Ubuntu 18.04.03 LTS from Netacad website.
As Packet Tracer is now distributed as a Debian .deb package, it can be installed using the dpkg command as any standard Ubuntu package.
sudo dpkg -i PacketTracer_730_amd64.deb