- Last Updated: Saturday, 17 August 2019 12:45
- Published: Saturday, 31 March 2018 16:23
- Written by PacketTracerNetwork
What's new in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 ?
Packet Tracer 7.2 main new feature is the new theme of the user interface which has been redesigned to give a better network simulation experience.
Packet Tracer 7.2 workspace improvements :
- New themes
- Align workspace objects
- Ability to deploy device to specific rack
- Assessibility update
- Ability to name a rack
Protocol and software improvements :
- PPPoE support
- 802.1x (useful for CCNP switch preparation)
- Answer tree filter
- Real TCP server (see Packet Tracer 7.2 - Real HTTP server using SBC device tutorial)
- Real Websocket
- Real-time activity grading
- Additional IOS security features
- Protocol improvements (see below)
New devices in Packet Tracer 7.2 :
- ASA 5506-X firewall (FirePOWER features not supported) (see Lab 18 - DMZ configuration with ASA 5506-X )
- Meraki security appliance
- Meraki server (for Meraki security appliance centralized configuration, emulating Cisco Meraki dashboard)
- Home router with advanced wireless capabilities (2.4G, 5G, beamforming, wireless bridge, ...)
Meraki server and security appliance are the first two devices emulating Cisco Meraki cloud managed network equipment.
A valid Cisco Netacad account is needed to use Packet Tracer 7.2 . Netacad login is required once after every PC reboot.