- Last Updated: Monday, 09 May 2022 06:15
- Published: Monday, 01 March 2021 07:14
- Written by PacketTracerNetwork
Cisco Packet Tracer 8.1.1 build 0022 has been released ! Have a look at Cisco Packet Tracer 8.1.1 new features.
Packet Tracer 8.0.0 main new features are :
- A new SDN network controller device emulating controllers like APIC-EM or Cisco DNA center
- API programming capabilities which can be accessed from the host PC using real world programming tools (curl, Python 3, VS code, ....).
- Changes and improvements for IoT and IOS15 devices
- Improved support for IPv6
- Added ability to make the application be the default for PTSA assessments
User interface improvements:
- New user interface appearance
- New Packet Tracer splash screen
- Added new Window menu showing all top-level windows of the application
- Lists configuration dialogs, activity window, etc.
- Allows to enter/exit full screen mode.
- Improved Accessibility of application GUI :
- Better screen reader and tab order
- New default color theme.
Physical view new features :
- Cable Pegboards for cable inventory
- Shelves for device inventory
- Realistic interactive management and visualization of cabled connections
- Ability to view the invisible side of a device in a rack (front or rear)
- Interactive cabling on device ports located on the invisible side of the device (front or rear)
- Ability to stack devices on tables
- Device context menus