- Last Updated: Tuesday, 26 November 2019 18:04
- Published: Monday, 01 July 2019 21:04
- Written by PacketTracerNetwork
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2 has been released on September 11, 2019 on Cisco netacad website. Current development build number is Packet Tracer 7.2.2.0418.
Packet Tracer 7.2.2 is the second maintenance release of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.
Cisco could continue adding external interfaces to Packet Tracer to make it able to communicate with real network equipments. After having released real HTTP server and real web socket features in Packet Tracer 7.2, future Packet Tracer release could bring innovative network interaction between Packet Tracer and Cisco CSR 1000v.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2 new features
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2 removes the Java dependence and makes it easier to use Packet Tracer Skills Assessment (PTSA) and Packet Tracer Media Objects (PTMO) :
- After installing Packet Tracer 7.2.2, PTSA and PTMO can be used without installing the Java runtime environment.
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2 can be used with current courses that have PTSA/PTMO.
The Packet Tracer Skillls Assessment measure student performance and knowledge of networking concepts using Packet Tracer 7.2.2 simulation capabilities. The online Packet Tracer Skills Assessment environment presents complex network configuration tasks, scores the exams, and provides detailed feedback that supports learning and evaluation of student performance.
Packet Tracer Media Objects are Packet Tracer activities that can act as an interactive media object for multiple choices, drag and drop, and fill in the blank questions. Stidents can performconfiguration review or config tasks in the PTMO activity before answering the exam question.
Older version of Packet Tracer can still be used using the traditional ways to take PTSA and PTMO (with Java plugin installed).
Cisco OneIdentity Netacad login
Cisco unified login experience on it's websites using Cisco OneIdentity identity provider.
If you alreadyhad a Cisco account with a different password than your Netacad account, Netacad login is now performed using the Cisco account credentials.
Login instructions :
- If you have an existing Cisco.com account, use that email and password to login
- If not, use your NetAcad email (instead of screen-name) and password to login.
- Clear your cache and history, close and relaunch your browser
- Use your email instead of screen-name to login
- If you are unable to verify your email, contact your instructor or NetAcad support to change your email
Netacad login is still required once per windows session.
New PTTP protocol between Cisco Packet Tracer and Cisco CSR routers (unconfirmed)
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2 could be the first Packet Tracer version able to communicate with Cisco CSR routers, which are basically virtual editions of Cisco ASR router; embedding IOS-XE.
Cisco registered a new PTTP uri-schema with IANA on June 2019. The PTTP protocol is described on IANA website as a new protocol "to transmit an action, parameters, and arguments between Cisco
Packet Tracer and the Cisco CSR platform". The prorocol is reported to be compatible "with Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.2 (or newer) in conjunction with the Cisco CSR platform".