Packet Tracer 7.1.1 has been released by Cisco at the beginning of January 2018 with build number 7.1.1.0138 and is available for download on Cisco Netacad website.
This is a maintenance release of Packet Tracer 7.1 correcting various issues.
No new feature has been added to Packet Tracer 7.1.1 as it is a maintenance release
- Packet Tracer 7.1 crashes when reloading devices : this issue seems to pop up once started to put etherchannel in place. It happens most when i reload devices. also happens when i have too many device windows open.
Issue : PKT file that was created in v6.2 does not work correctly in Packet Tracer 7.1 : many of the links are down and stay down, they all work fine in v6.2;
Workaround : Go to Options Menu -> Preferences -> Interface -> and uncheck "Enable Cable Length Effects". You may have to move the containers in the physical workspace.
Packet Tracer 7.1.1 system requirements
- Microsoft Windows (7 / 8.1 / 10) or Linux Ubuntu (14.04 64-bits LTS)
- At least Pentium 4 (2.53 GHz). Recommended Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better
- A minimum of 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 500 MB of storage space (700 MB recomended)
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
Packet Tracer does not limit the amount of memory that is used to create and configure devices. So if a user, or more importantly an author, creates complex PKA and PKT files using large networks with complex protocols running may require up to 2 gigabyte or more of memory to run effectively. If you are creating activities for PT, please be careful of creating issues like STP loops as they might greatly increase memory requirements.